Establishment of the Bureau
- Design and Construction Core Process
- Urban Human Resource and Standard Transition Core Process
- Land Preparation, Provision, Administration and Monitoring Core Process
- Housing and Infrastructure Core Process
- Public Relation Core Process
- Industry Development Core Process
- Attract & support of investors' core process
- Urban Planning Institute
- Construction and Housing Development Agency
- Housing Development Agency
The Bureau of Industry and Urban Development (BoIUD) is one of the Executive Organs of the National Regional State of Amhara.
The Head Office of the Bureau is located at Bahir Dar, front of the new building of the Home Land Hotel around the ANRS Mass Media Agency. All the major Core Process offices and Urban Planning Institution, except the Construction and Housing Development Agency /CHDA/ and the Housing Development Agency are found in the Head Office Building.
BoIUD was established by merging two different sectors i.e. the urban development sector, which was formerly organized before under the Bureau of Works and Urban Development, and the Industry sector, that was accountable to the ex-Bureau of Trade and Industry. Based on the current rearrangement, the rights and obligations of the Bureau of Works and Urban Development relating to urban development sector and of the ex- Bureau of Trade and Industry with respect to industry sector were transferred to the Bureau of Industry and Urban Development.
BoIUD comprises of bureau and office, which are mainly engaged in Bureau of Industry and Urban Development at regional level. These include,
There are also legally established institutions that are made accountable to the Bureau, even though they are autonomous and having duties and responsibilities given to them by proclamations. These institutions are: